Another adventure in coconut flour, these are not ideal if you’re on a diet but go very well with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee.
Makes about 12 small cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
100g dark chocolate
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
For the icing:
250g icing sugar (or thereabouts)
2 tablespoons of cold espresso
2 tablespoons single cream
- Preheat the oven to 150C (fan oven).
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Melt the chocolate over a low heat and then mix into the butter mix.
- Beat the eggs and then add into the butter mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Tip the dry mix into the wet ingredients and fold together.
- Line a cupcake tin with paper (or silicone) holders and put a dollop of cake batter into each.
- Bake for about 15mins or until the cakes have risen and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn onto a wire rack.
- Allow to cool completely before starting on the icing.
- For the icing, start with icing sugar in a bowl and whisk in the cold coffee. Then slowly add small amounts of cream until it reaches the desired consistency. Grate some plain chocolate over the icing as it sets.