Banoffee pie counts as one of your 5 a day. Everyone knows that.
1 packet of gluten free digestive biscuits
150g of butter (or enough to stick the biscuits together)
170ml cream, whipped
1 Cadbury’s Flake
- Crush the biscuits by putting them into a bag and smashing ’em good with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a pan and pour in the biscuit crumbs, mixing everything up well.
- Tip the mixture into a serving dish and use the back of a spoon to press the buttery biscuity mixture down firmly.
- Pop into the fridge for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the toffee part.
- If you’re lazy like me, you can use a tin of Carnation caramel and just spread it onto the biscuit base. Alternatively, you can boil up a can of condensed milk to end up with pretty much the same thing.
- After that, cut the bananas into slices and arrange on top of the toffee.
- Spoon whipped cream onto the bananas.
- Last, but most importantly, sprinkle crumbled up Flake on top…et voila!
P.S. Banoffee pie doesn’t really count as one of your 5 a day, far from it. In fact, you should possibly go jogging or something after eating a slice of this.
P.P.S. Maybe check out which fruits and vegetables are in season and eat some of those instead.
P.P.P.S. Or don’t. Nom.