I had a little experiment with some leftover Tritamyl Brown Bread Mix from the 1kg bag and thought I would share the results. If you have a different amount left over than what I have used below, I’m sure you could adjust the water or make up the weight with the seed mix instead and it would still work out.
I used a smaller loaf tin than the 2lb tin I normally use for the regular Brown Bread Mix and it seemed to make a more moist, dense loaf – perfect for a filling breakfast!
300g Tritamyl Brown Bread Mix
100g Milled linseed, gojiberries, sunflower & pumpkinseeds
300ml warm water
2 old bananas
Brown sugar to taste (I used about a level tablespoon)
*I bought the Prairie Fields brand in Aldi, although there are alternative versions available in other supermarkets for just 3 times the price!
- In a large bowl, mash 2 bananas with a fork.
- Add the Brown Bread Mix, seeds and brown sugar and mix together lightly.
- Add the water and mix the batter together really well.
- Line a loaf tin with paper and pour in the batter.
- Lightly cover and leave to rise a bit in a warm place for about 30mins.
- Then put in a pre-heated fan oven at 180c for about 35-40mins.
- Remove from tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy! Best when cool, with a generous helping of cherry jam 🙂